Sunday, July 1, 2007

So Close

I'm so frustrated!!! I'm trying to finish up the blanket I'm making for my niece Sarah, but I ran out of yarn (again!). I was soooo close!!! Just a few more inches would have been enough.

All I had left were two more of the little ripple things on the border--2 or 3 inches total. So this means I'll have to pull out the whole border and redo it differently so that it doesn't take as much. I already pulled the border out and took out a couple rows of blanket to give myself more yarn...I thought I'd gotten enough extra, but I guess not! And of course I'm too cheap to just go buy more yarn, plus I don't want to buy a whole skein of yarn just to use a tiny bit of it. I hate having extra yarn laying around. I was just hoping to finish it tonight, but now I'm too frustrated to do it. I just can't get over how incredibly close I was!

Here are some other pictures I took of it tonight. I realized I've made so many beautiful blankets and things and given them away without ever taking any pictures, so I'm trying to make up for that.

My favorite part of this pattern is the cool little ripply border. I think it turns out so cute!! This is the second time I've used this pattern.

You can't really tell in the pictures, but the color is so gorgeous! It's this really bright pinkish-red (more red than pink). I guess it's sort of like a neon red...and I love it!!! I get so tired of the usual pastel pinks and blues for babies, so I try to branch out a bit more. And this color just seemed to fit Sarah...she seems like a red type of girl, not a pink. Here are some pictures of cute little Sarah...she just turned one year old last week (and actually, I think that little dress she's wearing is the same color as the blanket):



1 comment:

Amy Kim said...

the blanket looks amazing. i had an aunt who made one for my brother and sister. [she passed away before i was born though.] i know my brother and sister still treasure those blankets. i'm sure sarah will too. :]