Sunday, July 8, 2007

FIREWORKS!!!

It's been a really good week and a bad week. That sounds a little strange, but there were things that were really great and some not so great.

Let's just get the bad out of the way...so, believe it or not, I got sick AGAIN!!! I'm so tired of getting sick! I've noticed I've been getting sick a lot and it just doesn't seem fair. This time was especially frustrating because there was no reason for me to be getting sick. I'm not stressed or busy like I was during school, I've cut down on my eating-out habits and I've been trying to fix good, healthy meals here at home, plus I've been drinking bottles and bottles of water each day which has drastically cut down on my soda intake. So WHY am I still getting sick!?! At least it wasn't too bad this time...just an icky head cold that only lasted 3-ish days. I guess I must just have a really weak immune system. My mom pointed out that I've been prone to getting sick my whole life. Why must I be so weak!?

Besides that, I had fun this week. We had a great 4th of July!!! Stephen and I slept in late and then just sort of hung out and drove around town until he had to go to work (he only had to work a couple hours because they decided to close early). On the spur of the moment, Jenny and Clay and Stephen and I decided we wanted to hang out that night, so we had a last-minute barbecue. Jenny and I went shopping for items of food we didn't have (and lots of candy!) while Stephen and Clay worked at the store together. The food was delicious (and the candy, even yummier!). There is an empty little grassy area at the end of the street here (just a couple blocks away) that sits on the bluff and overlooks the water where the fireworks were going to be, so we had planned on taking blankets down there and playing games until it was dark. But it took longer to barbecue than we'd expected, so we just had to hurry over there in time for fireworks. We thought it wasn't a well-known place (we thought it'd be our little secret) because we'd checked it periodically and there wasn't anyone saving spots or anything, however by the time we got over there it was PACKED!! Luckily we found a little space to lay down a couple blankets and enjoy the short fireworks show.

Afterwards, we came back to our house and Clay shot off all the fireworks they'd bought. Us girls just watched and Stephen took some pictures and video clips. All in all, it was a fun night!


This one's just really cool!!! We have some cool video clips of the fireworks we set off, but I don't think I can put them in here.
Here's Clay the Pyro!!!












This was one of my favorites of the firecrackers. It was a little thing that spin around and around on the ground, and then at the end the top popped up into this cute little Chinese tower!!








And here's Jenny (with her baby belly!) and I watching from the sidelines.

No comments: