Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Home Again, Home Again Jiggety-Jig"

(that's part of a cute little children's rhyme I remember)
It's good to be home again. We got back late Monday night, and it's taken me all week to get back into to swing of life and feel ready to get blogging again. It was sort of weird...I got home and totally felt no stress. I kept feeling like there must be things I needed to do, but then I started realizing that there really weren't. I don't need to stress!! It was a very liberating feeling (unfortunately I'm starting to feel it wearing off)! I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not busy and there's nothing to be getting stressed out about (I tend to find things to worry and stress over when I don't need to).
We had a great visit back in Fallon. I loved getting to be with all my family again, and it gave Stephen a chance to get to know everyone better and grow more comfortable as a part of the family. I just LOVE family!!! I love my old Bake family, I love my new Achurra family, and I love my own little family with Stephen, Nellie, and Shadow. It's just so happy to be a part of families!
Anyway...this trip was very exciting and special because Nathan is the last one of my siblings to get married, so it's the first time everyone was together. My sister-in-law Heather was able to come too this time (she hasn't been able to come visit for several years), so she got to meet Stephen, Levi (a brother-in-law), Jackie (newest sister-in-law), and all the grandkids for the first time. It was so good to see her again, and get to know her better as an adult (most of my relationship with Heather was from when I was a young girl). Unfortunately, I just realized tonight that I don't have any pictures with her. All the pictures we took with everyone were by the photographer since, obviously, no one could use my camera and be in the picture at the same time. Bummer! I just have a few pics from when either Stephen or myself could use the camera. I'll share a few of my favs:
(me and cutie-pie Sarah)

(the happy couple)

(our camera accidentally got switced to a lower resolution for this one...bummer, because it's a good one of us)


(me and my sisters)

(after cleaning up, some of the boys and my dad tried to take care of some of the leftover lemonade)


(Stephen and John were the only ones who finished!! And Stephen probably drank the most...that's my Thirsty Boy!)

We spent most of our time with my family and just visited a little bit with Stephen's because it was busy wedding time for my family. But we'll be going back to Fallon in a week and a half for Stephen's brother's wedding, so we'll spend our time with Stephen's family then. It was very busy with the wedding and reception and whatnot, but I got in lots of nice relaxing time and some nice piano playing time. I really miss having a piano around to sit down and play whenever I felt like it. It was always such a soothing thing for me!


I helped my mom decorate for the reception, which I LOVE to do! It's so fun to figure out how to make spaces look beautiful and work well. Part of me still wants to go into interior design. I got to hang out with Robin at the reception (when she wasn't taking pictures for us) which was the best...I've been missing her! I also got to sit and hang out with good old Jo Horne (it was sooooo exciting to see him), and a little time with Mark Hubbard and a few of Nathan's old friends from high school (the boys of my freshman year!) Lots of fun!!!


As a brief complaint...it was SO HOT!!! I've been so spoiled up here with our perfect medium climate that I forgot how incredibly hot and nasty it gets down in Nevada. We spent a lovely afternoon in a little pool with the kiddies, but it didn't help too much. I was so relieved to come home to my Washington rain (I haven't seen the sun all week)!! I read a book this weekend...started it Thursday and just kept reading until I finished last night. I really love lazying around reading and reading (another relaxation like playing the piano). It was another Michael Crichton book ("Timeline") and now I'm all caught up on reading and owning all his novels!! It was loads of fun...and now I think I'm going to start reading all the Harry Potter books (believe it or not, I haven't read any of them...but I like the movies). That's enough for tonight, I suppose...have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Glad you had fun in FAllon! I've been wanting to go visit for a while...but it won't be til Thanksgiving.

I'm sure it was great ot have all your family there!

Anonymous said...

oh susan my love. yay for seeing you. agreed on how good it was to see jo!