Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Friends and Weirdness

Last night Stephen and I went over to Jan and Jon's (another married couple we're becoming friends with) house for dinner. It was a good time and Stephen finally had someone to talk "guitar" to; today I found Stevo had gotten his guitar out and started playing again, big surprise! It's good that they both had each other to inspire them to start playing more often. Jan and Jon are older (late 20's or 30ish, I'm not sure) but they don't have kids yet (one on the way), so it was still comfortable and fun to have some friends to hang out with. We went to another couple's house (Ashley and Phil) for dinner a few weeks ago with Jenny and Clay and we all stayed way later than any of us should have!! We need to have Jenny and Clay over again sometime soon for games...it's been way too long. But maybe this time we'll invite some of the other couples over too. There's also my friend Mandy who went to school here until she got married and moved to California; she's living back here with her mom while Josh (her husband) is in Iraq. I've been meaning to contact her to see if she wants to hang out sometime...I'm sure she could use some funtime!

I had another weird dream last night. I dreamed I had a baby (I'm not pregnant though, nobody worry)! It was an absolutely painless delivery that took about five minutes and then I just had this tiny, I think premature, baby that I didn't know what to do with. I was with my mom and siblings (for some reason Stevo wasn't there or my dad), but we were at my old church and no one would help me know what to do, and I didn't have any diapers or blankets or anything (besides what the baby was handed to me with). And I kept trying to find somewhere to be alone with my baby boy but there were people everywhere, including Calvin Winder who was actually helping me the most (by the way for Alyssa and Amy, he's getting married). Weird stuff! I think it was just from being around Jan last night; they were going to get to find out what they're having today, and we were talking about Jenny and Clay finding out what they're having (Jenny and Jan are due one day apart!!). But I've been weirded out about that dream all day!

2 comments:

Amy Kim said...

and now i'm weirded out by the fact that Calvin is getting married. haha.

Alyssa said...

Crazy dream! That would be nice though to have such a quick and painless delivery. :)

Calvin is getting married? Is she anyone we know? Crazy.

Did you know that Amy H. is going on a mission? She is going to Columbus, Ohio.