Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring is in the Air


I love the spring!! I get so excited and cheerful when I start to see the crocuses blooming. They are always the first to poke their little faces up through the ground. Port Angeles if great when it comes to flowers. The businesses and homes all around town are landscaped with lovely blooms, but my favorite spot is a stretch of the main road right as you're coming into town...along both sides of the ride for a few hundred feet are some flower beds that are just covered with flowers. Right now only the crocuses are bloomed, but I can't wait for the daffodils and tulips to open up! It's the best part of spring here (along with seeing the sun again after months of rain!).
The other day I was walking out on the side of our house and I noticed a bunch of flowers poking up! They haven't bloomed yet, but I can't wait to see them. We also have one tiny crocus all by itself in the front lawn. I smile at it every time I go out to the car (I cheated on the photo; those flowers aren't any of ours). I had no idea any of these flowers were there because we hadn't moved in here yet this time last year (we didn't move in until May). Our yard has given us so many surprises--three beautiful rose bushes, a blackberry bush, lilacs, daisies, a wild raspberry plant, wild sweet peas, along with all the other trees and bushes that weren't hiding. It's nice, but we aren't really able to cultivate the yard like we should.
I just love how happy springtime makes me! I get so motivated to be creative. (My blog had been in reds and yellows, but I changed the colors to be more spring-ish!) Friday was such a nice, sunny day and all I wanted to do was relax and create something or do something artistic. I wanted to do everything--draw, crochet, scrapbook, plant flowers, work at a florist shop, work at a pet store, write in my journal, play the piano, sing, do some pottery, act, and on and on! I wanted to do anything, even things I can't do or don't know how to do.
Unfortunately I have a bunch of homework hanging over my head, so I didn't do any of the things I wanted to. And of course, I still haven't gotten it all done. Just two weeks left until the end of the quarter and then we get two weeks off for spring break! I can't wait!!! I just need to catch up on my papers for Art History (I have five of them) and then I'll pretty much be all set in my classes. I wanted to finish the papers this weekend, but I had trouble feeling motivated. Sometimes all I want to do is sit at the computer or take a nap on the couch. I just have to get it done...no more wasting time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the spring is sweet and hopeful. there are blossom trees blooming on my walk to school. they are white and and when the sun hits them they are blinding. it is so dry here though, i wish i could spend time with you to enjoy the beauty.

Alyssa said...

I'm slightly jealous of your spring flowers. Texas gets warm weather early and it quickly turns very hot so most flowers can't survive too well. Last year I planted flowers in our front yard and I was so sad as they slowly one by one died. Maybe I should keep an indoor plant. :)