Friday, March 2, 2007

The First

And so it begins...
I have become a new fan of the blogging idea. I've realized how enjoyable it is to read what someone is doing each day. So if I like it that much, I figure I might as well create one myself.

Today was a Professional Development Day for the faculty, so we didn't have classes. It was a much needed break! Unfortunately, my office stayed open (even though there were no students on campus to be advised) so I had to work a little this morning. It was such a dead day for the office! We had hardly any appointments scheduled, and most of the ones that were scheduled were no-shows. It was nice to not have a million things to do or the phone ringing like mad, but sometimes that can be sort of boring. Luckily I had a little project that Jan needed me to work on.

Today Stephen has been helping to build the set for our next play. He's been doing the electrical wiring on it so that we can have actual built in lights that I can turn on and off like a real house. It's helpful that Stephen had a little electrical experience from when he worked in Fallon. He had to figure all the wiring and everything out on his own. (I'm pretty proud of how smart he is, if you couldn't tell!)

I've spent the afternoon doing our laundry. We were gone to an acting conference all last week, and had a lot of work to catch up on when we got back. I did laundry before we left but we weren't home last Saturday, which is normally laundry day, so I didn't get to wash our clothes from the trip. I had no time during the week and I didn't want to get on a weird washing schedule, so needless to say, there was A LOT of laundry to do today. I don't mind too much though; laundry is one of the chores I like to do (dishes and cooking are another story).

Well, I should go put clothes away and maybe go up to the school to help out Stephen and the others if I can. There's nothing hotter than a girl with a power tool!! Unfortunately, I'm not very talented with that!

No comments: