Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!!!

It snowed last night (not much...maybe 6 inches) and our town is completely incapable of handeling snow, so they closed the school for the day! I was so excited when my boss called me this morning to tell me!!! Nothing like an extra day off! Last year we missed a whole week of school when it snowed--not so much because of the snow, but because when they plowed the parking lot and roads it all turned to ice! (I'm secretly hoping it'll snow more tonight so I won't have to go tomorrow either...I'm soooo lazy!)

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to post some pictures from Stevo's birthday. He turned the big 2-1 on the 7th!!!! Unfortunately I was sick so I wasn't able to do much for him to make it a special day. In fact, I kind of feel like I completely ruined his birthday (of course he assures me that's not true, but I can't help feeling bad)!!! I planned to make him a wonderful dinner and cake with candles and everything, but we ended up just ordering a pizza instead (I just had no energy to cook). But I guess having pizza delivered was a nice treat too. He'd taken the day off from work so he could just laze around all he wanted, and I tried to make it as special as I could (cleaning up the house, setting out all his presents before he could come out of the bedroom, and making a few surprise "presents").

Here's the birthday boy in the morning:

And here he is at night, after "getting wasted" on his "Alcoholic" Beer (I just covered up all the spots where it said Root Beer--silly I know, but he needed something special for turning 21!!!):

Sometimes Shadow likes to help me with the chores. One of his favorite games is "Let's Change the Sheets!" He loves attacking the folds and wrinkles as I try to smooth everything out, and he likes it when I throw up the sheets/blankets and let them land on him:


Nothing much going on here. School is keeping me extra busy this quarter, which is strange because I'm taking less classes than usual. I'm just having trouble with my calculus class this time...I have a different teacher than before and he's not very good at teaching!!! I actually have to read along and study at home (as opposed to my usual just doing some of the problems and being able to ace the tests). Math usually comes pretty easily for me, but I guess it helps to have a good teacher.

My other class is Intro. to Personality, and I love it!!! I really find psychology super interesting...I've loved it ever since my semester of psych. sophmore year of high school (Amy, were you in that class with me?) I've been going back and forth for the last few years on what I want to major in; it's been between psychology, acting, architecture, and interior design. I just can't make up my mind...I like them all!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

Benj used to play the sheet game with me when he was a baby. I haven't tried that with Sarah - maybe it's time!

Alyssa said...

Good luck with school! I'm slightly jealous of your snow day...I would love for Ted to get a 'stay at home' day!

Glad Stephen enjoyed his 21st b-day! The 'beer' is quite funny. :)

Amy Kim said...

Oh man. I would love a snow day! It's been snowing here every night, which is a little strange. Usually, we get a big storm for a day and then nothing for a week, but it's been pretty steady for almost two weeks now. Still no snow days though... so I slide my way to school every morning. (My neighborhood is more in the mountains than school, so we tend to get worse weather over here.)

I'm pretty sure I was in psych with you. I definitely miss those days! and I completely agree with you about math. I was going to get a math minor until I had an awful teacher... it was pretty sad because I was always a math lover until that class. :/

Sometimes I feel lucky that I immediately chose biochem for my major, and sometimes I wish I would have explored a little more. I'm fairly certain that I would have ended up in biochem no matter what, but I just think it would have been cool to take some different classes.

Well I hope you are feeling better now!