Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm still here...

Yep, I'm around...just haven't been in the mood to blog lately. We were gone on vacation at the beginning of the month, and I guess I kind of got thrown out of the habit of blogging. Tonight I have the evening to myself while Stephen works, and it's been some good "me" time. I've felt more motivated to clean tonight than I've felt in weeks (and hence, I've gotten lots done), and I finally felt in the mood to get writing again here. So, yes, I'm back.
-----
We had a nice time in Fallon/Tahoe for the wedding. We got to visit with my family for a night, and Stephen got to hang out with Kevin while we were in Fallon (he luckily was able to come the same weekend as us). That was quite possibly Stephen's best night of the trip...to be reunited with the one and only Kevo!!!
-----
The rest of the trip was spent staying at Stephen's grandparent's cabin at Lake Tahoe. I really love it there...I could totally be happy living there (I'd even be willing to put up with all the snow in the winter)!!! We got to spend some really enjoyable time with Bob and Paula (Stephen's parents) and had fun helping to take care of Serenity (I'll have to get some pictures of her off Stephen's phone later--we don't have any of her on the camera). It was really fun to see all of Stephen's relatives again, and I got to meet some new ones.
-----
Stephen and I at the Lake
-----
Matt and Areo's (aka: Kristi) wedding was gorgeous and fun. It felt good to help and be involved. Paula took Areo, one of her bridesmaids, me, and herself to get our hair and makeup professionally done that morning...and I must say I felt beautiful! I loved my hair...it was done all curly and volumous, sort of the vintage, Marilyn Monroe look!!! It was so cute! The makeup, especially the lipstick, was a bit too much for me, though, but it was still fun. Overall, it was a really fun and relaxing trip. Weddings are always very busy, but we still had lots of time to just relax so it felt like a real vacation.
-----
The Happy Couple
Kristi and Matt
-----
Stephen has been growing a small potted herb "garden." We have a pot with some basil and chives (we'll plant them separately next time so they'll grow better), and a pot of catnip. While we were gone in July, Shadow managed to get into the laundry room (aka: laudry closet) and knocked over/ate the catnip, so it got destroyed. Amazingly, though, a few little sprouts are growing back. The basil got so big while we were gone, so Stephen cut a bunch and made some homemade pesto! It was delicious!!! I was surprised at how much work it was to make, and how little we ended up with even though we cut a pretty big amount of basil. It was a fun adventure for Stevo.
-----
The basil before
-----
The pesto after
-----
After we got back I was called as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency at church. I was surprised but excited, and I'm definitely excited to not have to prepare lessons each week and teach a class anymore. I finally went shopping with my birthday giftcard. Stephen is such a good sport to always go shopping with me...and he even helps me pick things out! I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping (I like having new clothes, but I get nervous shopping), so Stephen helps me stay confident and calm.
-----
Last week, I went to a double baby shower for Jenny and Jan (another girl from my church)...they're due only 2 days apart. I had fun being out of the house and having a girlie night. Plus, I LOVE shopping for baby stuff!!! Both of them already have lots of clothes, so it was a fun challenge to find something different. This weekend, I'll be going to another shower for Jenny (thrown by someone different), so I get to spoil her with two presents! I'm so excited for Jenny and Clay, and they're both getting really anxious for their little boy to come (only about 2 more weeks!).
-----
Last weekend we went to the county fair with Jenny and Clay. We all happened to have the night off, so we wanted to do something together. It probably wasn't worth the $7.50 each it cost just to get in (where you had to pay more to do anything inside), but we had a fun night together. A lady from our ward has a pottery painting business, so Jenny and I each painted a mug. (the way it works is you pay for a pre-made ceramic piece, pick whatever colors you want, paint it, and then the lady takes it home and fires it, then you pick it up your finished piece a week later) It was a good time!!
-----
Well...that pretty much sums things up. We really haven't had much going on lately and we've been getting kind of bored. I think I'm getting tired of watching so many movies...it seems like that's all we ever do for fun! So we keep trying to find new things to do together. Ok, I'd better get off now...Stephen's bored and wanting some attention from me :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip home. Isn't it nice to go back sometimes? :)

Amy Kim said...

it's so easy to ignore blogging once you've been away from it for a bit. i totally know the feeling.

we have a couple pottery places like that in reno. the one i go to is called the clay canvas. i think it's so relaxing to glaze a piece. plus it's so fun to get it back and put it to use. :]

and i know what you mean about movies. ha. it seems kind of hard to find other fun things to do that both people are interested in. ah well.